JOIN US AT SAWYER POINT, 705 EAST PETE ROSE WAY, CINCINNATI, OH 45202 FOR THE BFR ON FRIDAY, SATURDAY AND SUNDAY.
JAZJORDAN INC. IS A 501C3 ORGANIZATION
ABOUT THe EVENT
The Black Family Reunion Celebration is one of Cincinnati's largest family-focused events. This 3-day fun-filled weekend event brings consumers, corporations, and communities together to focus on the historic strengths and values of the Black Family. Bring your families and friends and make this a reunion to remember!
We appreciate the thousands of people who attend, volunteer and support our annual celebration. This year marks our 31st year, and our 2019 theme — appropriate as ever — is “ Embracing Our Excellence.” Our BFR nonprofit celebration is an empowering three-day cultural event that brings families, non-profit organizations, businesses, and the community together to focus on the historic strengths and values of the Black Family. The event was inaugurated in 1989 here in Cincinnati and it has grown to be one of the city’s largest family-focused events — typically drawing over 15,000 visitors from our region and throughout the nation.
The deadline for all applications is Monday 8-5-19
Embracing Our Excellence.
Black Family Reunion History
Tracey Artis, Executive Director
Friday, August 16
8:30 - 10:30 am
(Doors Open 8:00) Heritage Breakfast / Opening Ceremony Sponsored by Fifth Third Bank.
The Word of Deliverance Ministries for the World, Inc. 693 Fresno Road, Forest Park, OH 45240 (513) 851-9673 Keynote Speaker: Pastor Nelson Pierce of Beloved Community Church Cincinnati, Ohio. Please come early. Seating is limited. First-come, first-serve! Learn how 1.4 million family caregivers who care for older parents, spouses, and other loved ones now have more support through The Ohio Caregiving Act. Tools and resources will be available for caregivers. (Arrive early; seats are limited!)
11:00 am – 3:00 pm
Job Fair for the CommunityThe Ramada Inn, 11320 Chester Rd., Sharonville, OH 45246 (513) 771-7744 Attendees are asked to bring copies of their resume and dress professionally.
6:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Punching For PeacePut down the guns/Pick up the gloves. This is a USA amateur boxing tournament for both boys & girls age's range from 8 - 24 years old (Not a Pro-Am sparring session) Sawyer Point, 705 E. Pete Rose Way
Saturday, August 1710:00 AM - NOON
Black Family Reunion Parade Parade departs from the Avondale Town Center 3529 Reading Road in Cincinnati, OH 45229
NOON - 9:00 PM
Black Family Reunion Celebration Sawyer Point 705 E Pete Rose Way, Cincinnati, OH 45202 Includes Spirituality Pavilion, Young Adult Stage, Children's Pavilion, Kids' Fun Zone, Seniors' Pavilion, Health Pavilion, Non-profit Organizations, African American Heritage and Food Vendors, Jazz Alley & more
1:00pm - 3:15 pmBingo
3:15pm - 4:00 pmMUSE (Music and information)
Sports Pavilionpresented by The Movement
Noon - 6:00 p.m.Adult 3-on-3 Basketball Tournament
3:00 - 6:00 p.m.Open Recreation Click here for Sports Pavilion Programming
Sunday, August 18
10:00 am-NoonSunday Church Service New Beginnings Church of the Living God Keynote Speaker:
Gospel Headliner: Ricky Dillard and The New Generation Chorale
Noon - 8:00 p.m.Sawyer Point
JOB FAIR - FRIDAY, AUGUST 16, 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Location: The Ramada Inn, 11320 Chester Rd.,
This All Professions Diversity Career Fair will include: Accounting, Banking, Finance, Education, Cashiers, Engineering, General, Labor, Retail, Sales & Marketing, Teachers, Defense, Management, Healthcare, IS/IT, Pharmacy, Front Desk, Restaurant, Casino Host/Dealers, Housekeepers, Food Service, Customer Service, Call Center, Skilled Trades, Hospitality, Human Resources, Drivers, Military/Armed Services, Security, Police/Fire Departments and many other categories!
Join over 50 local, regional and national companies and organizations and meet face-to-face with hundreds of qualified diverse candidates from the Tri-State. This event is expected to sell out again! Call TODAY and show your support for Diversity & Inclusion in the workplace.
Sharonville, OH 45246
2019 Sponsorship Opportunities
2019 Presenting Sponsor
2019 Generous Sponsors
- LIFE CENTER ORGAN DONOR NETWORK
- CINCINNATI PUBLIC SCHOOLS
- WINTON PREPARATORY ACADEMY
- SOCIAL SECURITY ADMINISTRATION
- HAMILTON COUNTY DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITY SERVICES
- CINCINNATI ASSOCIATION FOR THE BLIND
- GLSEN GREATER CINCINNATI & PFLAG CINCINNATI
- CINCINNATI STATE TECHNICAL AND COMMUNITY COLLEGE
- FREESTORE FOODBANK
- CHILDREN, INC.
- CECIL THOMAS SENATE COMMITTEE
- WORD OF DELIVERANCE MINISTRIES
- SENTINEL POLICE ASSOCIATION
- CARACOLE, INC.
- CINCINNATI YOUTH COLLABORATIVE
- NIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI AFRICAN AMERICAN ALUMNI AFFILIATE
- HAMILTON COUNTY PUBLIC DEFENDER’S OFFICE
- THE CENTER FOR THE HEALTH GAP
- CINCINNATI CHILDREN’S COMPREHENSIVE SICKLE CELL CENTER
- YMCA OF GREATER CINCINNATI
- ENSEMBLE THEATRE CINCINNATI
- CINCINNATI PLAYHOUSE IN THE PARK
- NEW START BETTER LIVING CLUB/TAPESTRY FELLOWSHIP
- CINCINNATI PRE-SCHOOL PROMISE
- INTERACT FOR HEALTH
- NATIONAL BLACK MBA ASSOCIATION
- URBAN MINORITY ALCOHOLISM & DRUG ABUSE OUTREACH PROGRAM OF CINCINNATI (UMADAOP)
- NORTHERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY
- CINCINNATI METRO
- AARP IN CINCINNATI
- BEECH ACRES PARENTING CENTER
- A SOUND MIND COUNSELING
- ASCENDING SELF, INC.
- HAMILTON COUNTY DEMOCRATIC PARTY
- DOHN COMMUNITY HIGH SCHOOL
- CINCINNATI REALTIST ASSOCIATION
- CITIZENS FOR YVETTE SIMPSON
- HALL AND JORDAN FUNERAL HOME
- CENTRAL COMMUNITY HEALTH BOARD OF HAMILTON
- SISTER GIRLS CORPORATION /THE QUEEN WITHIN